Greenwich, CT High Asset Divorce Attorney
Divorce and Custody Matters in Connecticut and New York
Superior Legal Representation for Moderate to High Net Worth Divorce Actions
Divorce almost never is a simple matter when a couple has accumulated substantial wealth in the form of personal and real property, investment accounts, business interests, and other financial holdings. Accordingly, it is critical to have an attorney with the experience and professional acumen to preserve the assets that a person has accumulated through a lifetime of hard work and careful initiative.
McCarter & English has offices located in Connecticut and New York in order to make it convenient for clients throughout the region to have access to a law firm where exceeding the expectations of its clients is a top priority. Connecticut and New York Divorce Attorney Heidi E. Opinsky and her team of legal professionals personifies this client-centric commitment in providing superior representation for clients undergoing a divorce. As a leading Partner, Ms. Opinsky understands how moderate to high net worth divorces diverge from other types of divorces and works through skilled negotiation and courtroom advocacy in order to protect the interests of her clients. With nearly 30 years of legal experience, Ms. Opinsky has the insight and knowledge to optimize the outcome of a marriage dissolution for her clients.
Ms. Opinsky concentrates her practice in the area of high net worth divorce proceedings, focusing on the unique needs of individuals who have accumulated significant property and assets. In order to provide the nuanced services that these individuals need, Ms. Opinsky works with professionals such as forensic accountants, estate planners, and tax experts in order to ensure that the outcome is the best possible for her clients. Some of the sophisticated issues that arise in a high asset divorce involve:
- The future valuation of pensions, retirement accounts, stock option plans, and other benefits;
- The valuation of businesses or professional practices – Ms. Opinsky represents many individuals with family or small businesses, as well as professional practices, such as medical, legal, or financial firms;
- Allocation of real property, including marital residences, second homes, vacation homes, and investment properties;
- The location of hidden assets;
- The distribution of assets after valuation of all property, including art, antiques, and jewelry;
- The calculation of spousal support;
- The calculation of child support, which is done on a unique case-by-case analysis once the parents’ income level has exceeded the threshold; and
- The establishment of custody and visitation schedules.
Experienced Divorce and Family Law Attorney Serving Connecticut and New York
Heidi E. Opinsky and McCarter & English utilize all available resources in order to get the results that her clients deserve. In addition to the distribution of property and assets, calculation of support, and establishment of custody and visitation, Ms. Opinsky also represents clients in cases involving civil unions, domestic partnerships, and same sex divorce cases. She is skilled in obtaining post-divorce modifications, such as alimony, child support, custody, visitation and post-judgment enforcement and contempt proceedings, when necessary. Ms. Opinsky also serves as a strong advocate for clients facing domestic violence issues, including but not limited to assaults, spousal abuse and matters warranting the involvement of child protective services.
When a high net worth couple is going through a divorce, it is crucial to have an attorney who understands the distinctive aspects of this type of dissolution process. Contact Heidi E. Opinsky and her team of legal professionals today at (203) 399-5949 to schedule a confidential consultation and learn how Ms. Opinsky can help you through your divorce.